We Are Hiring
SALES MANAGER & NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Spilhaus Brewery is a craft beer company based in Cape Town. We currently have 1 style of beer, an Oktoberfest Lager, which gets packaged in 3 different ways in order to appeal to different sales points. This results in us having 3 main products, which are our Premium Labelled Spilhaus “Lager then Life” bottled beers, Custom labelled bottled beers and beer in kegs for events and tastings. We would like to work to the point of having the majority of our sales come through our website, however it is increasingly important to have an on the ground physical presence to generate these sales, and there is no substitute for face to face interactions in order to close larger commercial deals.
To manage and increase the sales of Spilhaus Brewery; by interacting with existing clients but more importantly by branching into new markets and points of sales. This will require you to be business minded and be able to identify new opportunities as well as develop a sales plan and implement this.
- First and foremost this position will require you to live the Spilhaus Brewery brand - there are ALWAYS opportunities to make sales and this person will need to take full advantage of these.
- Alongside the owner, you will be responsible for setting the strategy for sales and business development for the Spilhaus Brewery brand.
- Meeting and negotiating with potential clients.
- Delivery of product to Clients (Your own form of transport will be required for this).
- Run Spilhaus Brewery tastings at markets and events - these might be in the evenings or on weekends so this person would need to have the flexibility to do so.
- This role also affords the right candidate the opportunity to work a flexi schedule with the position calling for work 4 full days a week, which could also be split into some full and some half days (2 full days and 4 half days = 4 full days).
- Excellent networking skills and a solid existing network - in essence a passion for securing new business
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Self-motivated and results focused
- Entrepreneurial spirit - you take ownership of your performance, provide top class customer-centric service, engaging with your clients as if it was your own business.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player - you roll up your sleeves, get in and get the job done.
- The ability to work from home/remote areas
Basic salary + commission
Although not essential, sales experience in the Retail, FMCG, Events and/or Hospitality industry would be an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send the following to email@example.com at your earliest convenience:
- Your CV,
- a short written letter (half a page) describing an example of what you would expect a "normal" day of work to be like, working for Spilhaus Brewery in this position.